Saturday, July 28, 2012

Day 19 and 20

On Tuesday, we went white water rafting.  I have always wanted to do it.  I don't have any pictures, but Erin bought the CD's from the photographer at the ranch.  When he sends them to her, I will get some.  I never even saw the pics!  I can't wait:)
When we got back to the ranch, we did skeet shooting.  Another first for me!  Can you believe that?  I have to brag on myself, Colton and Rod.  Colton and one other kid were the only ones out of about 10 that hit every target that was "on the ground".  I also hit all the targets that were on the ground:)  So proud....  There were three moms there.  One of the other moms hit every target on the ground too.  The other one didn't hit one, she had never shot a gun before.  She was funny.

Rod was the only person that hit a skeet that was thrown.  Yay Cassidy crew:)

That night, we took a lesson on how to draw horses.  I need to scan those pics in and post them.  We all did "pretty good"


This ranch was down the road from Cherokee Park.  You can't see it in this pic, but it says "Colton's something:)"  I could so see this boy living in Colorado!!!








On Wednesday we rode and then did an art class called Cowboys and Canvases.  It was fun!  I have NO artistic ability at all!  Rod and I hung our masterpieces today though:)











The Kids spent night in this teepee:)  The counselors brought them back if they got scared.  It was only probably a hundred yards from our cabin.  I think around 16 started off there and only 6 stayed the entire night.  What do you think Colton did?  Yes, he stayed:) 




He had so much fun with the boys that were from England, NYC and heading to Barbados.  They were really neat!  Their names were Xabi (pronounced Shabby), Maxi and Kato!  They were a really neat family!  Loved to hear their perspective on life.  NO TV!!!  Very artistic, driven, athletic.... well rounded!  And they had the best accents!


No comments:

Post a Comment