Monday, January 9, 2012

Polar Plunge!

Tybee has had a Polar Bear Plunge for the last 10+ years.  I was reading the "history" of the event in the Tybee Breeze.  It started with a few locals, and now it has turned into this!

Rod and Colton did it a few years back and Donna was with us.  It was really cold that day.  This year, it was much warmer! 
The Guiness Book of World Record Event was the most people wearing swim caps in one area.  So, now I have done it!  I am in the Guinness Book of World Records:)  Well, probably not my name, but I did participate:)  Colton participated in a Cup Stacking event this fall that was also in the Guinness Book of World Records!  
















I don't like cold water!  I took pictures at first, but then Rod convinced me that "I could do it"!  So after the splashing masses of people got out, I went in and went under!!!  Very fast!  Fun times:)




 
Relaxing in the hot tub afterwards is pretty nice too:)!!  It was a great New Year's weekend!

1 comment:

  1. That reminds me of sliding rock. Ya'll should take Colton there. I love your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete