Monday, February 7, 2011

Munchausen by Proxy?

One part of the definition:

"Typically, the perpetrator feels satisfied by gaining the attention and sympathy of doctors, nurses, and others who come into contact with him or her and the child."

Do you think I fit the bill on this?  I am taking pictures of my poor sick son getting a breathing treatment, so I can send the picture to his daddy and put it on my blog!

Attention-seeking???  I would think so!!!  Do you feel sorry for us????  Well, look at the pictures below!


At first, when I asked him if I could take his picture, he said no!  Then he agreed!  He was so pitiful.  The doctor said he had bronchitis and croop!




He had to have RX cough medicine, antibiotics and a steroid:(   Poor Baby!!

I knew he was sick on Thursday afternoon when we got home from school and I told him he could not go outside and he said ok.  I almost fainted!!!  He had several coughing spells throughout the night, so I decided to stay home with him on Friday and take him to the doctor!  After the breathing treatment and the medicine, he hasn't been so agreeable when I tell him he can't go outside though!!  Imagine that:)


Also, ya'll pray for Tammy!  She was 32 weeks pregnant and on bedrest, leaking amniotic fluid.  I don't know all the details, but she had to have an emergency c-section yesterday and the baby had a birth defect and died four hours later!  Sad, sad news!  My heart is breaking for her!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that is so sad about Tammy. Yes, heart-breaking loss. Awful.
    Colton must have been bad off for the breathing treatments. That is no fun but I think they work fairly quickly. I hope you all did not get the stomach bug we passed along to Beth and her family. There is a lot of sickness going around here (strep, flu, stomach virus) so I am hoping we don't pick up anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope he is feeling better because he looks like he does not feel good in this picture. I am sad for Tammy. I put in a prayer request for her at church on Wed. You know it is sad to lose a child no matter what age and I know that tammy is sad.Donna

    ReplyDelete